Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Latest Inspiration - Western Vibes















Here's a little cherry picked selection from my Pinterest feed; I should probably start a whole new board for these as I've been seeing quite a few western-inspired photos lately. Nevertheless, I do prefer keeping my boards fairly vague, focusing on seasonal moods rather than very precise topics.

Maybe it's the whole Breaking Bad  influence, or maybe it was Tarantino's Django, but there seems to be a newly found love for deserts and cowboys in fashion lately (well it kinda started some 2 years ago but it's most obvious this year). Or cowboys have always been cool, as the multimillion Richard Prince Marlboro Man proved.

I wasn't much of a country gal before coming to France; maybe it's the way the French knew that Johnny Guitar was a masterpiece back in the '50s or simply just their general love/hate relationship with American culture.

I have to admit that as much as I love a good heavily-embroidered western shirt and cowboy-cut jeans, the thing that really gets me are the accessories - the Stetson hats, the oversized fedoras, the bolo ties and especially the boots.

And pretty much everything with a subtle western detailing like horses, rope motifs and those smiling pockets with little arrow finishes. Oh, and the flannel plaid!

Not to mention calico prints and prairie dresses... I guess my take on the western style is less rock star/fringe/leather and more of a romantic/ 70s bohemian approach, with a hint of lumberjack.

 We started shooting our fall look book this weekend ; all I can say for now is that it's like Joanna Newsom meets Annie Oakley, but the first photos will be on the blog by the end of the week.

Until then don't forget to enter our giveaway!


2 comments:

  1. Love these images! And I'm excited to see your Joanna Newsom/Annie Oakley inspired photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, glad you like them! i hope you'll enjoy the look book as well!

      Delete