Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Leave Her to Heaven



... probably the most amazing 1940s dress I have ever come across.

It's been in my closet for a few years now, but for some reason it just doesn't feel completely right on me - I think it might be because it keeps falling off my shoulders.

Having styled it with my little 1930s boater hat and Swedish Hasbeens clogs, I feel a little sad to let it go but at the same time you shouldn't hold on to beautiful things you can't use, right?

I think it is only worthy of the comparison to one of the strangest and most amazing 1940s melodrama (one could argue it is a color film noir) Leave Her to Heaven - an iconoclastic classic starring the breathtakingly gorgeous Gene Tierney.

 It's a tragic love story involving sister rivalry, horseback riding in Mexico, a mountain lake cabin, gardening and um...murder. Like, you know - one of those things you just HAVE TO see. Not to mention the most rich, saturated Technicolor tones out there. Might actually write about it this Friday- I miss doing those cinema posts.

Until then, you can watch the trailer in order t tie you over.


This little vintage gem is now in the shop.


























No comments:

Post a Comment