Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014!




Hope everyone had a great NYE party ! This year we had a low key cocktail/dinner party with friends and good food (someone brought homemade sushi - how awesome is that?!) and I think it was just what I needed.

I don't know how everyone felt about 2013, but for me it's been a pretty rough year. Lots of changes and dark times, but towards the end it started getting better. Not to mention my superstitious side is happy to be out of the 13 number.

I'm really happy that things have taken off vintage wise and I'm really grateful to everyone around me for their love and support.

I didn't write any resolutions yet, but I guess my ongoing resolution is getting my films developed more often; recently I found this roll from back in April and was quite pleased retrieving this shot. It's pretty much one of those beautiful accidents that occur quite a bit when using a disposable film camera.

This was right after I came home from participating in my friend's Katherine performance and still had the stage make up on. I find it glamorous and decant, somehow wildly appropriate for the excess and sheer debauchery associated with a New Year's party.

I'm pretty sure 2014 will be even brighter.

3 comments:

  1. You should wear gold make up everyday! Matches your skintone and expression of your eyes.

    Happy new year, Parisienne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bonne année a toi aussi!

      ha ha! i need to find a different type of eyeliner thing as this shit was impossible to get off! not to mention incredibly uncomfortable...

      but yeah i should try and emulate rita hayworth and be glamorous 24/7

      Delete